Pakistan CAA is striving to keep the pace of global development in the aviation
sector. All efforts are being made to improve infrastructure and facilities available
so that the best aviation services with utilization of all technological advancement
can be rendered within Pakistan airspace. Some salient points of plans are highlighted
- Implementation of Performance Based Navigation (PBN) within Pakistan airspace in
enroute, terminal and approach operations;
- Implementation of seamless ATM operation in accordance with ICAO Asia/Pacific Regional
seamless ATM Plan;
- Designing of airspace / instrument flight procedures for the new mega project of
New Islamabad international airport.
- Re-designing of airspace / enroute ATS route structure to enhance airspace capacity;
- Transition from Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) to Aeronautical Information
Management (AIM) and adoption of Quality Assurance mechanism
- Establishment of new ACC at Islamabad and re-delineation of existing ACC sectors
in Lahore & Karachi FIRs;
- Installation of new EVHF stations to improve VHF coverage and enhance redundancy
for Controller Pilot Direct communication
- Replacement & relocation of old vintage surveillance Primary / secondary Surveillance
- Acquisition of ADS-B stations for surveillance to cover grey areas and redundancy;
- Induction / training of Air Traffic Controllers to meet the future challenges and
- Installation / Replacement of Navigation Aids in Pakistan to improve navigational
facilities for enroute and for various airports.
- Implementation of ATS Interfacility Data Communication between Karachi/Lahore ACCs
and adjacent ACCs of neighbouring countries.