CATEGORIES OF GROUND SCHOOL LICENSE
Licence for running Ground School is issued by the Director General, CAA, authorizing
a person or an organization to carry out instructions to enable candidates to undertake
CAA examinations in the theoretical subjects required to be passed for the issue
of the following personnel licences and endorsements issued under Part V of Civil
Aviation Rules 1994
- FLIGHT RADIO TELEPHONY LICENCE(FRTOL)
- PRIVATE PILOT LICENCE (PPL)(Aero plane /Helicopter)
- COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENCE (CPL).(Aero plane /Helicopter)
- AIRLINE TRANSPORT LICENCE (ATPL)(Aero plane /Helicopter)
- MULTI-PILOT CREW LICENCE (MCP)
- GLIDER PILOT LICENCE (GPL)
- BALLOON PILOT LICENCE (BPL)
- INSTRUMENT RATING (IR)
- FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR RATING (FIR)
- GROUND INSTRUCTOR RATING (GI)
- FLIGHT OPERATIONS OFFICER’S LICENCE (FOO)
- AIRCRAFT TRYPE RATING
- ICAO ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY COURSES
- The applicant will submit a formal application on CAAF-003-ATNR-1.0 along with all
requisite documents including processing fee as per AT Fee Schedule to Director
Air Transport, CAA for consideration and evaluation.
- Application received will be scrutinized by Air Transport Directorate, CAA, for
acceptance/rejection within 3 days of receipt of the application.
- Applications once accepted will be processed by Air Transport Directorate, CAA,
in consultation with the other concerned directorates of CAA within a period of
- The scrutinized applications, if considered to be in order, will be presented to
the Competent Authority, I.e. DG CAA, for approval.
- Licence will be issued by CAA on approval by the Competent Authority.
EMPLOYMENT/ENROLMENT FOR TRAINING OF FOREIGN
Foreign nationals shall not be employed, hired or enrolled as trainee, in Ground
School, without obtaining permission from the Federal Government/clearance from
concerned Security Agencies in accordance with the rules and regulation.
ISSUES OF APPROVAL CERTIFICATE (AC)
After the issuance of a GSL by the Director General, Civil Aviation Authority, it
is a regulatory requirement to obtain an AC, which shall be valid for one year and
renewed annually. In order to obtain an AC, the operator shall comply with all the
requirements of Civil Aviation Regulations and Air Navigation Orders. In this regard,
Personnel Licensing Office, HQ CAA is to be consulted.
RENEWAL OF GROUND SCHOOL LICENSE
- The Licence holder (Licensee) shall apply to the Director Air Transport & ER, HQCAA,
Karachi, on the Company’s Letterhead for renewal of licence along with applicable
renewal fee as per AT FEE SCHEDULE at least 60 days before expiry of the licence.
In case of failure, the holder, in addition to the normal fee shall pay surcharge
Rs 1000/- per month or part thereof. In case of receipt of application for renewal
after expiry of the licence, no waiver or extension to the licence shall be granted
until approval of the Competent Authority is being sought or extension granted by
the DG CAA in the National and General Public interest.
- The Licensee is to submit the current annual audited report, duly signed by the
Directors / CEO and their authorized chartered accountant firm along with current
Operations Specifications with their aircraft insurance documents in line with the
latest Government Gazette Notifications.
- On receipt of the application, Air Transport & ER Directorate shall seek comments
/ no objection of the CAA specialist directorates i.e. Finance, Flight Standards
and Airworthiness and if applicable / required of Legal directorate.
- If there are any CAA outstanding (aeronautical / non – aeronautical) dues against
the licensee/operator or any other objections, the licensee should clear the same
before renewal of the licence unless agreed by the Director General CAA.
- On receipt of the no objection of the concerned directorates, approval of the Director
General shall be sought for approval.
- On receipt of the approval of the Competent Authority, the licence shall be renewed
by the Air Transport & ER Directorate.