About Airspace & Air Navigation Standards
Regulatory and Safety Oversight elements being dealt with by the Airspace and
Air Navigation Standards Branch:
- Development & Review of Regulations, Air Navigation Orders, Standards & Procedures
pertaining to Air Navigation Services (ANS).
- Adoption of ICAO SARPs and notification of differences to ICAO for Annexes1 (ANS
element),2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 12 & 15.
- Ensure timely dissemination of Rules, Regulations, ANOs, Standards, Procedures and
safety related information to all stakeholders.
- Safety Oversight of Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) to ensure compliance
of the established regulatory requirements.
- Air Traffic Management (PANS-ATM Doc 4444):
- Air Traffic Services (Annex 11);
- Air Traffic Flow Management; and
- Airspace Management
- Search and Rescue Services (Annex 12);
- Aeronautical Information Services (Annex 15);
- Aeronautical Charts (Annex 4);
- Rules of the Air (Annex 2);
- Instrument Flight Procedure Design Services (PANS-OPS DOC 8168);
- Meteorological Services for Air Navigation (Annex 3);
- Weather reporting;
- Forecasting; and
- Calibration and maintenance of meteorological instruments.
- Units of Measurement to be used in Air and Ground Operations (Annex 5);
- Regulatory Requirements/Standards for Training and Licensing of Air Traffic Controllers
– (in consultation with Licensing Branch) (Annex 1).
Scope of Work
Regulatory work for 08 Annexes, PANS-OPS Doc 8168 volume II and PANS-ATM Doc 4444
and other associated ICAO Documents
Coordination & correspondence with:
Safety oversight inspection of
- ICAO and Regional office regarding ANS elements; ANSPs and ATS / AIS / SAR / MET
offices and associated units;
- 03 offices of ANSPs; (ANS Div, PAF(Civil ATM matters at joint user airfields), Sialkot
- 02 Area Control Centres (JIAP & AIIAP) & 04 Approach Control units (Karachi, Lahore,
Multan, Cherat (Civil ATM matters)
- 26 Aerodrome Control Towers;
- 03 Pre-Flight Information units (ATS Reporting Offices);
- 02 Rescue Coordination Centres & 26 Search and Rescue units;
- 02 AIS Office (JIAP & AIIAP) and 01 INTL NOTAM Office (JIAP);
- 01 Procedure Design Office of Operations Directorate;
- 01 PMD Main Office; (For Aviation MET);;
- 02 Meteorological Watch Offices(JIAP & AIIAP) for Aviation Meteorology, 03 Regional
Meteorological Offices (Karachi, Lahore & Quetta) and associated MET Instruments
- 26 Aeronautical Meteorological Offices /Observatories.