After the issuance of an Airline License to an operator by the Federal Government
of Pakistan, it is a regulatory requirement to obtain an Air Operator Certificate
(AOC). The operator shall comply with all the requirements of Civil Aviation Regulations,
and ensure that:-
The operator shall be issued with the following type of AOC for Commercial Operations
Airline, Charter, and Aerial Work after the successful demonstration of the regulatory
requirements to CAA.
- The applicant has demonstrated that his Equipment, Ground Handling, Organization
Staffing and Training Programmed are adequate to secure the safe operation of the
types of aircraft to be included in the AOC
- The applicant can establish and maintain a satisfactory method of supervision of
the Flight Operation.
- The aircraft are provided with servicing and maintenance facility and a system of
maintenance control is established.
- The management structure is appropriate and personnel selected by the operator for
specified management positions have required experience and qualification.
- Manuals have been prepared in advance which describe in detail how company personnel
are required to carry out their duties.
- Aircraft meet the appropriate standards and have been proven in flight to be acceptable
to the operation proposed
Once certificated, the operator is responsible for ongoing compliance with the requirements
of relevant legislation. The CAA is required to continually monitor the operation
to ensure compliance. Failure by the operator to comply may result in suspension
or cancellation of the AOC.
There are certain conditions and limitations attached to the AOC which are named
as Operations Specifications.
Operations Specifications are issued using the subject matter for each part as follows:
Within each of the parts outlined above, there are standard and non-standard (operator
specific) paragraphs that have been or will be developed either by an operator or
the CAA to govern different aspects of operations as required.
- General Provisions
- En-route Authorizations Limitations
- Aerodrome Authorization and Limitations
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Mass Balance
- Interchange Of Equipment Operations
- Aircraft Leasing Operations
Only those parts that apply to a particular operator will be issued to that operator.
Any additional requirements contemplated by an operator may be authorized through
the operator amendment procedures outlined herein. The final decision as to that
part of paragraph does or does not apply or the specific language in that part or
paragraph shall be the Director General's decision.